Jesus said, “Have faith in God. I tell you the truth, if someone says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Mark 11:22-24 Net Bible
This is what I stand upon. I am not commanding God to heal. And I do not blame myself or God if my healing does not come when, where, or how I want. My prayer is to align my mind, my will, my spirit with God to such a degree that I, like Paul, can pray to the Father three times in full faith and confidence, and be at peace when He answers and says to me, “My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” II Corinthians 12:9,10
Or like Job, who said, “Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. He also shall be my salvation: for an hypocrite (or profane, godless person) shall not come before him.” Job 13:15,16
My goal, through prayer, is to strengthen up the inner man. Ephesians 3:16 says this: “That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;”
Who or what is is This inner man? If you are born again, your spirit is reborn. It is new. It is our minds which we have to work upon. Paul says this, in Romans 12:2;
“And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”
The word translated “renewing” is anakainosis ( an ak ah’ ee noh sis) strongs number 342 and it means: renovation, complete change for the better. The mind must be renovated to come into harmony with our recreated spirits. II Corinthians 5:17,
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Ephesians 4:23, 24 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
Now think about the process of renovation. If I were to renovate a home in the natural , I might follow the steps:
Designing and Planning . Have an idea of what want to have done. What will my new home look like?
- Begin examining and renovating the Roof, Foundation, Siding, Windows to make certain the house won’t collapse on me
- I may have to do some demolition work.
- I may need to perform some structural work such as Moving or constructing new walls, enlarging window openings, Adding beams to support a greater weight, adding or removing doors.
- Redesigning Heating, AC, Electrical, and Plumbing systems
- Install new insulation and Drywall
- Installing the new flooring
- Install replacement windows.
- I will need to do non-structural carpentry work such installing baseboards, molding, trim around windows and doors
- I’ll need to do Interior Painting, Wallpapering
- And finally do the Siding and Gutters
Contrast this process to the process of building a new home. I would need at a minimum the following:
- Hire an architect who produces my blueprints,
- hire an engineer to assure that the plans are sound and complete
- buy A plot to build upon
- get A building permit
- Get Cost estimates, financing options
- hire A surveyor, a building contractor.
- Lay the foundation
- hire a master carpenter
- hire Framers and builders, and other finishers
As we strive to renovate our minds, know that we have at our side the Lord Jesus Christ who was not only a Carpenter and a carpenter’s son in the flesh, but He is also the creator of all that is in heaven, on the earth, the visible, and the invisible. Jesus is our teacher, our example, our foundation, and our pattern. He is the author/designer/architect/engineer and the finisher of our faith. He is the one who assures that the whole building process is complete and perfect. And we have the Holy Spirit who guides us, comforts us, assures us, and strengthens us during every step of the way, through the word, rhema revelation, and the still, small, voice within.
And as our mind comes into resonance, into harmony with our recreated spirits, our bodies will follow along. The physical toll of worry and stress is attenuated. We are reasserting dominion over our appetites for foods and drugs which harm us. And we strive as God gives us knowledge and strength to become fit temples for the Holy Spirit. When er renew our minds, after the new man, our body follows suit.